Our school captains for 2018-19
The role of school captains at Boothroyd is a special one, offered to year 6 children that demonstrate responsibility, impeccable behaviour, strong communication and leadership skills. It requires children that are held in high regard by both children and staff and that are willing and able to promote the school’s core values. The main purpose of their role is to support the Leadership Team in promoting and representing the school. Both school captains support the school council with events throughout the year and the pupil priority.
Please find below more information about the role of school captains at our school.
Democracy in action at Boothroyd Primary Academy
Our school council 2018-19
Our School Council representatives were elected for showing the following skills:
- Reliable– do the things you promise and remember to go to meetings
- Fair and impartial– represent views clearly, even those you don’t agree with
- Thoughtful and truthful– think about feelings and thoughts before you speak
- A good listener– really listen to both sides of a debate
- A good speaker– take an active and effective part in discussions
- Accurate and efficient– make notes and report back to the form
Recycling initiative and collaboration with Thornhill School Council
In the Spring term, the school council completed a joint recycling project with Thornhill Infant & Junior school. Click on the link below to read the article that was featured in the Yorkshire Post.
Boothroyd wins the Regional Yorkshire ‘Bling a bike’ competition as part of the School Cycle Tour 2018. Click on the link below to read the article that was featured by Kirklees Council
Please find examples of the School Council meeting minutes from 2017-18.